It’s that time of year again! Time to think about everything you can do to improve yourself in 2012. Here are a few ideas that might help you up your video editing game in the New Year!
1. I will stop complaining about Final Cut X.
2. I will always leave myself enough time to render before a project deadline.
3. I will use my tripod to shoot whenever I can.
4. I will always make sure my tripod is level.
5. I will check my camera’s batteries before I leave for a shoot.
6. I will never use a star wipe again. Except maybe on the 4th of July.
7. I will actually think about lighting before I start recording.
8. I will use a storyboard to plan my shoot.
9. I will finally learn After Effects.
10. I will add something new to my YouTube channel every day/week/month.
11. I will stop relying on my zoom to make my footage more interesting.
12. I will create an efficient labeling system for my files so I never get the “Video Not Found” error again.
13. I will back up all of my files.
14. I will experiment with new camera angles.
15. I will learn three new things for my job.
16. I will work to move up up in my workplace.
17. I will help someone else move up in their workplace.
18. I will make a new demo reel and/or update my resume.
19. I will apply for a job that I may think is unobtainable.
20. I will keep all of my time lines organized.
21. I will donate my video editing skills to a local charity.
22. I will not keep unhealthy snacks close to my video editing station.
23. I will contribute to society by making an awesome cat video.
24. I will read a new book about my profession.
25. I will save up for a piece of equipment that I’ve really been wanting.
26. I will ask for criticism and actually take it.
27. I will never settle for good enough.
If you’re working on organization, here’s a storyboard template to help you start planning your next shoot. Click on the red button below to download your free storyboard template.
[button link=”http://content.videoblocks.com/clip-download/?id=download-a-free-storyboard-template” color=”#2216a7″ size=”3″ style=”1″ dark=”0″ radius=”auto” target=”self”]Download Your Free Storyboard Template[/button]