Have you ever needed to watermark a ton of videos, but didn’t want to take the time to individually run them through Final Cut? There is another option out there, and it is really simple to do! Compressor has the power to batch watermark video clips so they all turn out perfect, and it’s half the amount of work of doing it manually in a video editing program. Want to know how? Follow these easy steps!
(Want to follow along? Download this free stock footage clip and use it to practice watermarking your clips!)
1. Open Compressor. It should look like this:
2. Drag the clips you want watermarked into the top box.
3. Go to settings and choose the type of output you want. We went with QuickTime H.264 since it works well with YouTube. Once you have one selected, click the third button from the left to duplicate it. This will save all of your watermark settings for future use.
4. In inspector, click on the fourth button from the left (Filters). Scroll down to the bottom and check the box that says “Watermark”.
5. Choose a graphic you want to use as the watermark. Adjust the position, scale, transparency (alpha). You will be able to see a preview of what it will look like on the right hand side of the preview box. Once it is to your liking, click save.
6. Apply your custom made watermark setting to all of your clips by dragging the setting onto the clip itself. You should see it “glue” itself on there.
7. Choose a destination for your clips. Again, drag this destination onto the clips in your queue.
8. Click “Submit”.
Super easy, right? Depending on the size of your clips, it may take a little while for Compressor to complete the tasks. Regardless, this is still a lot faster and more efficient than doing it manually in a video editing program!
Want to try this out on a sample clip? Download this free stock footage clip and take it for a spin in Compressor!
[button link=”http://content.videoblocks.com/clip-download/?id=download-a-free-slow-motion-stock-footage-clip” color=”#2216a7″ size=”3″ style=”1″ dark=”0″ radius=”auto” target=”self”]Download Your Free Slow Motion Stock Footage Clip[/button]