Creating a photo slide show is a great way to share your pictures with friends in a creative way, and making them is really easy to do using Adobe Premiere Pro. You can use the Effect Controls to give your pictures motion, also known as the Ken Burns Effect. Combined with some free production music, this will transform your project from just a basic slide show to an elegant and exciting story telling device.
Here are the step by step instructions for creating a photo slideshow in Adobe Premiere:
1) Import your images into Adobe Premiere.
2) Place your images on the timeline.
3) Double click the first image you’d like to add motion to. You will notice it pop up in your preview windows.
4) Click Effects Controls and click the arrow next to Motion. Use the “Scale” and “Position” tools to adjust your picture to where you’d like it to be in the beginning of the clip. Create a keyframe at the beginning by clicking on the circles next to “Scale” and “Position”. This will lock in that information for what the clip will look like at the beginning. Now, move your scrub bar to the very end of the clip and do the same thing. Decide where you want the picture to land, set it up using “scale” and “Position”. This time it should automatically create a key frame. Quickly play through the clip to make sure it is to your liking.
5) Repeat step 4 for all of the pictures you would like to add motion to.
6) Adjust the length of each picture by dragging the end of the clip on your timeline.
7) Add transitions. Effects>Video Transitions. I suggest starting off by using a cross dissolve in between clips.
8) If you’d like to add music, now is a good time to do it. Import your music file and drag it down to the audio track below your picture timeline.
9) Render your project.
10) Save your project and share it!
That’s it! It is really simple to create a unique photo slide show. Use these skills to impress a boss with a presentation, brag about a recent trip to friends, or present a special memory to your family. The uses for these projects are endless!
Want some free production music to add to your project? Download this royalty free production music!
[button link=”http://content.videoblocks.com/clip-download/?id=download-a-free-production-music-song-track” color=”#2216a7″ size=”3″ style=”1″ dark=”0″ radius=”auto” target=”self”]Download Your Free Production Music Song[/button]