Using a lower third graphic is a great way to add titles and text to your video. Most editing softwares have some type of title tool generator that will allow you to make the graphics during the video editing process, but sometimes this tool can be very limiting and will not produce the best quality graphics.
Below we have listed out a step-by-step guide in how to apply lower third graphics to your Premiere project. Be sure to download our free lower third graphics to follow along with this helpful tutorial.
How to apply lower third graphics:
Or follow these easy step-by-step instructions:
- Import your footage and the lower third template into Adobe Premiere (File>Import)
- Place your footage on Video Track 1.
- Place the lower third template on Video Track 2 directly above your footage. When you scrub over the footage, you should see the lower third on top of your footage.
- Now it is time to add text. (Title>New Title>Default Still) A preview window will pop up. Adjust your text to your liking and make sure it lines up with your lower third template (ie, all the text fits inside the template, the color shows up well on the background, etc)
- Your title will show up in the Project bin on the left. Drag that to Video Track 3 directly above both the footage and lower third template.
- Now you want to animate your text to appear and disappear with the rest of the lower third. Position the title so it appears on your screen as the lower third comes in.
- Add a cross dissolve to the beginning of the title. (Effects>Video Transitions>Dissolve>Cross Dissolve) Adjust the length and position as needed. If your lower third also disappears at the end, you can add a cross dissolve to the end of the title tool as well so it animates out.
- Save your project.
- Render your project.
- Save your project.
Congratulations! You have just applied a lower third graphic to your Premiere project. Now that you are a Premiere Pro, be sure to expand your lower third collection by downloading free graphics here!
Trying to abide by a deadline? Well don't you worry. We have ready-made lower third graphics for your video project.