How to Use Lower Third Templates in Adobe Premiere
Using a lower third graphic is a great way to add titles and text to your video. Most editing softwares have some type of title tool generator that will allow you to make the graphics during the video editing process, but sometimes this tool can be very limiting and will not produce the best quality graphics.
If you’re looking for something a little more professional, you may want to consider using lower thirds from an outside source, like Adobe Premiere. These files come with a built in alpha channel, which means the graphic itself will be able to float seamlessly over your footage.
Check out this tutorial to find out how:
Or follow these easy step-by-step instructions:
1. Import your footage and the lower third template into Adobe Premiere (File>Import)
2. Place your footage on Video Track 1.
3. Place the lower third template on Video Track 2 directly above your footage. When you scrub over the footage, you should see the lower third on top of your footage.
4. Now it is time to add text. (Title>New Title>Default Still) A preview window will pop up. Adjust your text to your liking and make sure it lines up with your lower third template (ie, all the text fits inside the template, the color shows up well on the background, etc)
5. Your title will show up in the Project bin on the left. Drag that to Video Track 3 directly above both the footage and lower third template.
6. Now you want to animate your text to appear and disappear with the rest of the lower third. Position the title so it appears on your screen as the lower third comes in.
7. Add a cross dissolve to the beginning of the title. (Effects>Video Transitions>Dissolve>Cross Dissolve) Adjust the length and position as needed. If your lower third also disappears at the end, you can add a cross dissolve to the end of the title tool as well so it animates out.
8. Save your project.
9. Render your project.
10. Save your project.
And that is it! It is just that easy to use Adobe Premiere to customize some professional looking lower third templates.
Trying to abide by a deadline? Well don’t you worry. We have ready-made lower third graphics for your video project .
|Explore More Lower Third Graphics|