How to Blur Video in Adobe Premiere Pro
A few weeks ago we featured a tutorial on blurring an image or logo in Final Cut Pro using our free stock footage. We want to make sure all of our Adobe Premiere fans weren’t left out of the fun! Here’s a step by step guide for blurring an image in Adobe Premiere Pro.
1. Open Premiere Pro and import your footage. Place the clip you want to blur on the first timeline.
2. Copy the clip and place it above the original clip on track two of the timeline. Right click and choose to “Synchronize”. Select the option “Based on the Clip Start” and click “okay” to synch the clips together.
3. Go the the Video Effects menu and choose “Gaussian Blur” in the “Blur and Sharpen” folder. Drag that effect onto the the clip on Video Track 2. Set the Gaussian blur to the appropriate blurriness. We like the 25-30 range.
4. Now we need to scale down the blur so it only covers the logo we are aiming to blur. Go to Video Effects and click “Transform” and choose “Crop”. Use the crop parameters to scale down the crop and move it to cover the desired logo or image.
5. Merge and save the file and use it in your next project!