How to Create an Time Lapse Video in Quicktime Pro 7
When you use a DSLR camera to create a time lapse video, you’ll need to compile all of your images together to create the illusion that it was actually captured as video, not just stills. An easy way to do this is to create an image sequence in Quicktime Pro 7. Here are step by step directions to do it:
1. Open Quicktime Pro 7 and choose Open Image Sequence
2. Open the folder where you have saved your source files from your DSLR and click on the first image. Click open.
3. Choose the frame rate you want to use to create the video.
4. The first image should open. Go to File>Save As and pick a destination for your final product.
5. A bar will pop up to show you the progress. This may take a while depending on how many pictures you are trying to compile.
That is it! Once it has finished saving you will find it as a .mov file, which you can then import into practically any video editing software.
If you’re looking for a DSLR camera, make sure to enter VideoBlocks‘ ultimate editing set-up picture contest. Just take a picture of where you do your video editing and tell us why it is special. The picture with the most votes will win a Canon T3i camera (with lens) and a year long subscription to VideoBlocks!
If you’re looking for a free time lapse video to add to your next project, click the link below!